RECIPE: REPAIR Post-Workout Recovery Popsicles
Warm weather is here, and PRTCL is from The South, so we know the heat and humidity are coming to shorten our outdoor workouts. But do they have to?
We love this summer heat health hack that keeps us getting our BCAAs and cooling down our body temps without doing much extra work.
Why do we want BCAAs?
You can read about the benefits of branched-chain amino acids in this blog, but the short answer is that they help rebuild every part of your cells. Muscles, hair, skin, nails, etc., are all built with amino acids, the broken down pieces of proteins!
Post-Workout Popsicles Recipe
- REPAIR Strength + Recovery BCAA Powder
- Popsicle Moulds (these are the ones we like!)
How To Make Them:
- Add 6 scoops of REPAIR to a 2-cup liquid measuring cup and stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour REPAIR mixture into each popsicle mould leaving a small space at the top.
- Place the lids with the sticks on each opening.
- Place flat in the freezer 6-8 hours, or until frozen.
- Enjoy post-workout or for a healthy, low-calorie ice pop!
Can kids enjoy post-sport BCAA popsicles?
We're not doctors, so we would suggest asking their pediatrician before allowing any consumption of supplements in children. A great place to start researching is this Livestrong article about BCAAs in teens & kids. Livestrong states, "Older children and adolescents may turn to supplements for a competitive edge... The Federation of American Societies for Experiential Biology states it is risky for children and adolescents to take amino acid supplements, and there is not enough information to establish a safe amount of amino acids in supplements."