Is Vitamin B For Us?
Vitamin B. We hear about this particular vitamin quite a bit, and while most people know of its benefits for sustained energy, we know that Vitamin B has a lot more to offer. According to Medical News Today, "B vitamins are important for making sure the body's cells are functioning properly. They help the body convert food into energy (metabolism), create new blood cells, and maintain healthy skin cells, brain cells, and other body tissues."
So, what makes Vitamin B so crucial for women who exercise?
Active individuals who are lacking in vitamin B show decreased ability to perform at high levels of intensity[i]. It also reduces your cells' ability to regenerate post-workout and depletes your energy for the rest of your day. Here are a few things to know about vitamin B and why those who are low in it should use supplements like STAMINA and SUPPORT to get your daily dose of these different types!
Types of B Vitamins[ii]:
- Thiamin (B1): helps breakdown and release the energy from food
- Riboflavin (B2): keeps skin, eyes, and nervous system healthy
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): helps the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food and for forming hemoglobin that carries oxygen around to the cells
- Folate: allows the body to form healthy red blood cells and is essential in pregnant women to reduce the risk of congenital disabilities
- Vitamin B12: helps the body breakdown and release energy from food, make red blood cells, keep the nervous system healthy, and allows the body to use folate
As you can see, the different types of Vitamin B work together to promote energy production and consumption by your body! As the vitamins help to break down food into glucose, the energy your body needs to be active, you get the energy boost you need.
But glucose is sugar; couldn't I eat a candy bar?Sure, you could give your body quick access to the glucose it needs, but you'll find yourself slumping back into that low-energy state quickly. B vitamins allow for a steady stream of energy into your system, which will enable you to work out, work, and take over the world without that crash.
Remember, consistency is key, so make this a morning habit, and you'll see energy lasting longer and longer in 30-45 days!