Easy Slow Cooker Vegetarian Protein-Packed Coconut Chickpea Curry!
- 1 can Chickpeas (drained & patted dry)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (finely chopped or grated)
- 1.5 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 scoops ESSENTIAL Unflavored Whey Protein
- Heat the oil in the pan and add and onion. Cook on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, and, garam masala curry powder to onions and cook until fragrant. Stir continuously to coat the onions and keep heat even.
- Take pan contents and push into slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix Well.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, or high for 1 hour.
- Ladle half a cup of the curry sauce into a cup. Add 2 scoops ESSENTIAL Unflavored Whey Protein and stir until dissolved. Pour liquid back into slow cooker. Mix and serve over rice and with naan bread.
For those who would like to, you can substitute the chickpeas for chicken or lamb.
Macros per serving:
- Protein: 17g
- Carbs: 21g
- Fats: 17g