This 45 minute at-home, toning workout will work your whole body while giving you some low-impact cardio!
Total Body At-Home AMRAP
Equipment Needed: 1 x 10-15lb plate or dumbbell and a mat45 minutes, AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
- 30 Squat with Twists (no weight)
- 30 Squat Taps with Overhead Reach (10lb plate or dumbbell)
- 20 Lunge to Lift (no weight) (30 ea. side)
- 15 Inchworms with Push-Up
- 40 Mountain Climbers
- 40 Ab Bicycles
Repeat as many times as you can in 45 minutes!
How to Do Each Exercise:
- Squat with Twist: While standing, place your hands behind your head, elbows out wide. Drop down to a squat with your weight in your heels. Press up through your heels while you twist one elbow to the midline and the opposite knee comes to meet in the midline (right elbow comes in with left knee and vice versa). Then repeat on the other side.
- Squat Taps with Overhead Reach: Hold the Plate or dumbbell in your hands, arms extended down by hips. Hands will be in front by your belly button. Squat down, weight in your heels, and tap the weight to the floor while keeping your chest and gaze up. Push through your heels to come all the way back to standing and press the weight overhead, elbows by ears. Repeat.
- Lunge to Lift: Start with feet together. Take one leg and step out to the side, toes facing forward and bend that knee to 90* while keeping the other leg straight. Press up through the heel of the bent knee to press back towards standing, while pressing off the ground to lift that working knee into your chest. Dumbbell can be held at your chest, if you'd like weight.
- Inchworms: Start standing with feet hip distance apart. Reach up to the ceiling, then one vertebra at a time, roll down and touch the ground. Walk your hands out until you are in a plank position, then walk your hands back to your feet and stand up. Repeat.
- Mountain Climbers: On your mat, place your hands under your shoulders and extend out into a high plank with hips in-line with your shoulders.. Then pull one knee into your chest while keeping your hips in line with your shoulders, bring it back to start, then the other leg into your chest. Repeat.
- Ab Bicycles: Lay on your back on your mat. Pull your knees to stack over your hips and bring your hands lightly behind your ears. Extend your left leg straight while keeping your right leg bent. As you do this, twist your left elbow to tap your right knee. Switch to bend left leg, extend right leg, and twist your right elbow to meet your left knee. Repeat.
Back to The JRNL - Health & Nutrition Advice for Women